Serving Canton, GA for More Than 30 Years
GI Specialists of Georgia provides premier gastrointestinal (GI) services to patients throughout Canton, GA, and the surrounding areas. Our board-certified gastroenterology physicians have treated various liver, pancreas, and digestive tract disorders for the last three decades. With a wide range of treatment options for copious digestive tract problems and disorders, patients rely on the GI Specialists of Georgia team to provide top-notch gastrointestinal services. We boast three state-of-the-art endoscopy center locations and nine office locations throughout Northwest Atlanta.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Our Comprehensive GI Procedures
At GI Specialists of Georgia in Canton, GA, we are equipped to manage the most complex gastrointestinal conditions. One of the most important things we offer is colon screening services, which allow us to prevent colon cancer by discovering it while it is still treatable. We also strive to bring awareness to colon cancer’s genetic, age, race, and health-related risk factors. In addition to colon screening services, we offer a wide range of comprehensive GI procedures, including the following:
- FibroScans – These non-invasive tests help evaluate and show fibrosis or fatty deposits in the liver. They are also known as transient elastography.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopies (EGD) – Also known as an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, an EGD is helpful in diagnosing the causes of heartburn, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, chest pain, trouble swallowing, bleeding, and more. A camera and light are attached to a thin scope and are used to examine the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopa Pancreatogram (ERCP) – This procedure enables a gastroenterologist to examine the ducts of the pancreas and liver. An endoscope is passed through the esophagus to the stomach and small intestine. A separate tube is extended from the duodenum to the ducts, where a dye is injected.
- Bravo pH Monitor Tests – This is a 48-hour test in which a device is placed in the esophagus endoscopically. Using a catheter while the patient is sedated, the physician attaches a capsule to the esophageal lining. This test helps to measure acidity levels and determine acid reflux.
- Hemorrhoidal Banding – An alternative to surgery, this procedure effectively eradicates hemorrhoids. It is painless and does not require sedation. The device is typically used over three treatments, spaced at least 10 days apart.
- Colonoscopy – During this procedure, the inside of the large intestine is viewed using this endoscopic procedure to screen for colon cancer and investigate the causes of pain, bleeding, anemia, and changes in bowel habits. Physicians can also remove polyps, correct bleeding lesions, and perform biopsies during the procedure.
Why Choose GI Specialists of Georgia?
When searching for a gastroenterologist in Canton, GA, choose the GI Specialists of Georgia. With a state-of-the-art facility, advanced technology, a highly-trained team, and more than 30 years of experience, you can rely on us to provide premier care. Our highly-trained team of on-staff physicians is equipped with additional skill sets in sub-specialty areas of gastroenterology. No matter the complexity of your case, our GI specialists will be able to diagnose and treat your digestive tract disorder accurately. We are also leaders in the field of colon cancer treatment.
Contact Our Canton, GA Office Today
GI Specialists of Georgia boast nine office locations and three endoscopy centers throughout Northwest Atlanta. Our valued patients can conveniently visit our facility nearest them. We are dedicated to the prevention and early detection, so we offer colon screenings and colonoscopies. Prevention of colon cancer is possible through smoking cessation, a healthy diet, watching one’s weight, and early detection and treatment of abnormalities. Contact us today to learn more about our services.