Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Gastroenterology (GI) Services in Douglasville
GI Specialists of Georgia welcomes you to our Douglasville office. We offer coordinated care in a patient-centered environment. Our skilled medical team includes physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, anesthesiologists, pathologists, and other experts who work together to provide a complete continuum of care for patients.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Colon polyps
- Infections (C. difficile, H. pylori, and others)
- Hepatitis C
- Fatty liver
- Liver cirrhosis
- Pancreatic and gallbladder diseases
Procedures We Offer
Our Team Offers the Following General GI Procedures
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD): Endoscopic procedure that enables doctors to evaluate a patient for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and diagnose the cause of swallowing difficulties, nausea, upper GI bleeding, tumors, ulcers, and other abnormalities of the upper GI tract.
- Bravo pH Monitor: Endoscopic procedure in which the doctor temporarily places a capsule in the esophagus that measures pH for a specified period; the data collected by the capsule is wirelessly transmitted to a receiver that the patient wears.
- Capsule Endoscopy: A procedure in which the patient swallows a vitamin-sized capsule that records images of the digestive tract.
- Esophageal Manometry: Test that measures the rhythmic contractions of the esophagus when you swallow; weak contractions can result in pain, heartburn, esophageal damage, and difficulty swallowing.
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: Endoscopic procedure that allows gastro doctors to see inside the large intestine, from the rectum to the sigmoid or descending colon.
- Hemorrhoidal Banding: Simple, painless procedure that uses tiny rubber bands to remove internal hemorrhoids by cutting off the blood supply.
Our Board-Certified Advanced Endoscopy Team Offers the Following Advanced GI Procedures
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatogram (ERCP): Endoscopic procedure that enables physicians to examine the pancreatic and bile ducts.
- Endoscopic Ultra Sound: Endoscopic procedure that enables internal medicine doctors to examine the linings of the esophagus and stomach, the walls of the upper and lower GI tracts, and evaluate the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas.
- Cholangioscopy with Spy-Glass DS: An advanced endoscopic method physicians use for direct visualization of bile ducts.
The Importance of Colon Cancer Screenings
Colorectal cancer is cancer that starts in the colon or rectum. The third most common cancer in men and women in the U.S., the American Cancer Society estimates there will be more than 135,000 new cases of colorectal cancer in 2017.
Colorectal cancer usually begins as small growths called polyps on the inner lining of the rectum or colon. Some polyps are pre-cancerous, while others are not.
It’s important to know that while colorectal cancer is very common, it’s also one of the most preventable and curable cancers when detected early—this is why periodic colon cancer screenings are critical.
Colonoscopy Is the Preferred Screening Method for Colorectal Cancer
The American Cancer Society, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American College of Gastroenterology all recommend colonoscopy as the gold standard for cancer screening. This is because colonoscopy is the only test that enables doctors to diagnose and remove polyps in the entire length of the colon.
GI Specialists of Georgia performs screening colonoscopies and endoscopic procedures at our three endoscopy centers, located in Lithia Springs, Marietta, and Woodstock, GA. To schedule a screening colonoscopy, please call 678-741-5000.
Schedule Your Appointment
Physicians at Our Douglasville, GA Office
Dr. Anish A. Desai
Dr. Anuj P. Manocha
Dr. Kunjal Gandhi
Dr. Akit Patel
Douglasville Office Address
6002 Professional Parkway, Suite 200
Douglasville, GA 30134
Office Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM