Request A Colon Screening
GI Specialists of Georgia provides patients with a wide range of gastrointestinal services, including a colon cancer screening near Atlanta, GA, and surrounding areas. We are a board-certified team that’s provided colon screenings with the highest care for over 30 years. Our team is trained and certified to diagnose and treat gastrointestinal and digestive tract ailments such as diseases related to the liver, pancreas and beyond. We will work directly with your primary care provider to customize a treatment plan and care for you with cutting-edge technology and screenings. Visit one of our offices today to get started on forming a gastrointestinal treatment plan.
East Cobb Office
Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Colon Screening & Anesthesia in the Greater Atlanta Area
Our team focuses on detecting colon and gastrointestinal issues early and providing preventative treatments. Colon cancer is the third most common cancer in America for men and women, with cases expected to rise. Colorectal cancer symptoms include growths known as polyps that appear within the rectum or colon. Therefore, they are difficult to find and identify. The American Cancer Society recommends a colonoscopy as the best choice for detecting polyps and gastrointestinal symptoms early so they can be removed. Colon cancer is common but is also easily preventable if it is quickly identified through a colonoscopy. We recommend scheduling regular colon screenings to reduce or eliminate the spread of cancer.
Our Gastrointestinal Procedures Available at East Cobb
We provide patients with the following gastrointestinal services in Greater Atlanta and the East Cobb area:
- Colonoscopy: A colonoscopy is an endoscopic procedure that determines whether colon cancer is present. Causes of pain and discomfort such as bowel irritation, bleeding and anemia are analyzed. A small colonoscope is inserted into the rectum while the patient is placed under sedation. Our team can remove polyps, heal bleeding and lesions, and conduct biopsies during a colonoscopy.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound: Ultrasounds give endoscopic specialists the ability to view and analyze the linings of a patient’s stomach, esophagus, and the walls of their GI tract. Endoscopic ultrasounds provide internal medicine doctors with data on a patient’s liver, gallbladder, and pancreas.
- Bravo PH Monitor: With this procedure, an acid level is placed in the body’s endoscopic area for 48 hours. The monitor records and transmits data to a receiver and gives specialists an in-depth assessment of your PH levels.
- FibroScan: The Fibro Scan procedure, also referred to as transient elastography, assesses your liver and looks for signs of fibrosis such as fatty spots. The procedure is non-invasive and usually takes 15 minutes to complete.
- Hemorrhoidal Banding: This procedure is non-surgical and doesn’t require anesthesia to be performed. A small, gentle device is latched around internal hemorrhoids to remedy them. The procedure usually takes three treatments with 10 days between each to fully address hemorrhoids.
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: Specialists insert an endoscopic device into the rectum to see a patient’s sigmoid, or descending colon. Flexible Sigmoidoscopies can double as a cancer screening and can find the sources of issues like rectal bleeding, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopathy Pacratogram (ERCP): This procedure consists of an endoscope, tubes and x-rays that give specialists a view into a patient’s liver ducts. First, the endoscope is inserted through the mouth and into the bile duct to analyze the liver.
- Esophagastroduoendonoscopy (EGD): During this procedure, a gastroenterologist evaluates the inside of a patient’s esophagus, stomach, and small intestine. The procedure gives our specialists the chance to analyze symptoms and tissue samples. We can also remedy bleeding and ulcers during this procedure. EGD procedures are typically quick and easy to perform.
Why Should I Choose GI Specialists of Georgia in East Cobb?
GI Specialists of Georgia’s licensed and board-certified team of gastrointestinal specialists and hepatology doctors has over 30 years of experience treating patients around the Atlanta, GA area. We possess the cutting-edge technology needed to detect signs and symptoms of colon cancer, gastrointestinal disease, and digestive tract disorders. All treatments are customized and designed to meet the individual needs of our patients, all performed and completed within an accommodating environment where you’ll feel safe and secure from beginning to end.
Contact Us for Exceptional Gastrointestinal Treatments
Our services ensure you’ll receive the proper treatment for your colon, gastrointestinal or digestive tract issues. We provide a top team of gastrointestinal professionals, assistances, hemorrhoidal doctors, and anesthesia technicians. Our team will evaluate your condition using the most innovative technology and treatment plans, and we’ll keep you comfortable and safe throughout your procedure. You can rely upon our comfortable East Cobb office and friendly team of gastrointestinal specialists to care for you completely. Contact us today to schedule a service and start the process towards better gastrointestinal health.