Receive Your Colon Screening at our Paulding Location
For over 30 years, GI Specialists of Georgia has provided patients with a range of specialized gastrointestinal services, including a colon cancer screening near Atlanta, GA, and surrounding areas. We comprise a board-certified team of gastrointestinal specialists and hepatology doctors supported by caring assistants, anesthesia technicians, and practitioners devoted to providing safe, effective procedures for our patients. Our teams offer complete diagnosis and customized treatment plans to remedy all gastrointestinal ailments and digestive tract disorders. We will provide a thorough evaluation at our diagnostics and endoscopy centers and partner with your primary care provider to formulate a treatment plan suitable for your specific needs. Visit our Paulding office today if you are experiencing the signs or symptoms of a gastrointestinal issue, and we’ll begin the process of developing an effective treatment plan.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Trust Us to Provide a Complete Colon Screening for You
Colon cancer is among the most common types of cancer for men and women in the United States, with rates rising continuously throughout. Colon cancer is highly treatable. However, detecting signs and symptoms early is essential to success. Periodic colon screenings allow colon cancer doctors to form treatment plans quickly and implement early measures to prevent the spread of cancer. Experts recommend that individuals 40 years or younger or those with high-risk factors schedule routine colon screenings to prevent and eliminate colon cancer before it becomes widespread.
- Complete colon cancer screening and polyp removal.
- General gastrointestinal and hepatology procedures.
- Endoscopic procedures and testing for patients.
Procedures Offered to Patients Near Paulding
Our team of gastrointestinal specialists offers the following services to our patients around Atlanta, GA, and near our Paulding office, providing them in our endoscopy center and pathology lab. Give us a call if you’re experiencing signs of gastrointestinal issues, and we’ll schedule an exam for you.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD): This endoscopic procedure gives doctors the ability to assess patients for gastroesophageal reflux disease and determine the source of swallowing issues, stomach nausea, intestinal bleeding, ulcers, and tumors.
- Capsule Endoscopy: During this procedure, we provide a vitamin-sized capsule that patients swallow to evaluate their digestive tract. The capsule records images of the tract, and doctors review them for signs and symptoms of digestive disorder.
- Bravo pH Monitor: Doctors place a temporary capsule into a patient’s esophagus for a period to collect data and assess their pH levels. The collected data is transmitted to the doctors for further observation and analysis.
- Hemorrhoidal Banding: During this procedure, gastrointestinal specialists fit small, gentle rubber bands around internal hemorrhoids, cutting off their blood supply. The procedure is quick, painless and doesn’t require anesthesia.
- FibroScan: The non-invasive Fibro Scan procedure assesses a patient’s liver and looks for signs of fibrosis or fatty spots. Fibro Scan involves an ultrasound that typically lasts 15 minutes.
- Esophageal Manometry: This testing procedure evaluates the rhythm of esophageal contractions while swallowing. Strong contractions are a sign of a healthy esophagus, while weak contractions can cause pain and discomfort.
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: This endoscopic procedure enables doctors to view a patient’s large intestine and evaluate their rectum and sigmoid, or the descending colon. The procedure checks for signs of colon cancer and locates the cause of bleeding, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound: During an endoscopic ultrasound, soundwaves are deployed to take images of a patient’s internal organs and structures, captured by a device attached to the endoscope. The device helps doctors assess the stomach and walls of the GI tract.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopathy Pancreatogram (ERCP): This procedure allows doctors to reach and examine ducts within the pancreas and liver. A safe dye is applied to the ducts, enabling doctors to take x-rays.
Give Us a Call for Trusted Procedures Near Paulding
Our board-certified gastrointestinal specialists have practiced and formed effective treatment plans for patients for over 30 years. GI Specialists of Georgia become a trusted source of gastro, endoscopic, and hepatology treatments, treating all kinds of disorders and diseases to restore our patients’ health. We use the latest, most advanced technology in our pathology lab and diagnostic and endoscopy centers to assess our patients’ issues and form customized treatment plans. We’re here to help if you experience pain, discomfort, or symptoms of a gastrointestinal problem. Contact us today, and we’ll collaborate with your primary care provider to develop a perfect treatment plan.